Friday, December 31, 2010

Farewell my Decade, farwell to thee! 2000-2010

The first decade of the 21st century was the most monumental decades of my life so far!  There are so many things I would have changed, yet so many I would not.  My decade has some of the most heart breaking, breath taking, educating, eye opening events.  Some so painful, I could never fully revisit, not even on here.  Some embarassing moment that make you go hummmmmm, are you kidding me?  Yeah I was very naive and emotionally immature at one time.  That time was at the beginning of this decade.

Now sitting here in the living room, t.v. commercial playing in the background.  Husband sitting in his recliner, reading something on the computer, son in his room getting ready to head out.  I take a nice long sip of my coffee and realizing that I am finally coming out of the darkness and into the light.  My decade is leaving me a stronger mentally, emotionally, intellictual, "getting there" physically phenominal woman! 

Between Little Rock and Conway there are two ridges with a wide open valley.  I seems like you can see for miles and is really beautiful.  It is the perfect area, in my opinion,  for any sunset, sunrise or storm clouds. Now, from today on I will think of it as my learning to fly area.

As I decended the first ridge about to cross my beautiful valley the radio begins to play Stevie Wonder's Do I Do , the car next to me passes by with the license plate LRN2FLY, and suddenly it like JANET came to life. I was smiling!!!!  My shoulders started bouncing to the beat, volume went from low to medium then to blaring.  I was literally dancing and singing to the top of my lung as if I was the only person on I-40.  It wasn't until the extended cab truck full of college age "boys" passed by honking and throwing the peace sign!  I made my best Jack Black "Wooohoo" face and throw up my Rock and Roll sign back.  I was feeling happy, feeling free! 

This decade started out closing me into a box, only dabbling me outside of the box for growth, soon I was out of the box but wouldn't tell anyone, and now at the end of the decade,  the box has been kick and played around with one to many times.  It has served all it can serve in this life. I have held on to the box long enough and it is time, time to break it down and say farwell to thee!  No boxes need in the next Decade, only peace, harmony, happiness and joy with EYE WIDE OPEN.  May all my friends young and new, old and wise have a very Very out of the box year and decade to come!  Farewell to

Now get ready to shake it!

No comments:

Post a Comment